creating opportunities that did not exist
It is crucial we equip future generations to think about the world in a new way, having to create what was not possible or not even thought of.
BACKYARD PROGRAMMER - WINDOWS PROGRAMMING USING FREEQ
- There is a lot of computer languages to select from, so why FREEQ?
- It is one of the easiest languages with the least coding required to do complex tasks.
- It is complete (ALL aspects may be programmed, even equipment plugged into the computer for instance magnetic scanners, etc.)
- It is non-Window reliant - it does not matter which Windows version you have installed, ALL programs WILL work and with the MANIFEST component, your window program will auto adapt all features to be the same as your installed Window version (how your buttons look, etc.)
- The Langauge IDE (programming program) is for free.
- It is for me the gateway language - it has a lot of similarities to MS Visual Basic (.net) ® and other languages such as JAVA ®, etc. So when you later on decide on commercial programming language (cost a fortune) you should already understand and be able to read those languages.
- There are other "free" computer languages, but they are limited and should you wish to be able to do sometimes simple tasks, you need to upgrade to the commercial versions. This language is able to do all possible tasks required by any type of program.
- Unlike other booklets that "expects" you to understand the basics of programming, this booklet is drafted in such a manner that you need to know absolutely nothing about programming, but by the end of all the modules you should be able to program any required program - this is due to the simplicity of the FREEQ language.
THE ASPECTS DISCUSSED WITHIN THE STEP-BY-STEP BOOKLET (TUTORIAL):
MODULE 1: LANGUAGE & IDE
- During this modue you will be introduced to the working principles of a computer and how to enhance your computer using simple and affordable methods to obtain the maximum effort when using your computer.
- I will discuss the Computer Language (FREEQ) and how to install & configure it so to work without any hazels.
- You will also be introduced to the basic terminology so to understand what you are reading whenever you read a document related to computer programming or wish to search for more information regarding a computer programming function/object/element.
MODULE 3: FORMS (WINDOWS)
- You will be taught how to create a Window and alter it as you desire it to be.
- Add an ICON to your program.
- There are many types of Windows:
- Standard Blocked Window.
- Semi Transparent Window.
- Full Transparent Window - 100% see through Window.
- Custom coloured Window - alter the colouring of the entire Window.
- Custom shaped Window - add your own shape to the Window.
- Multiple Windows from one application. Be able to open multiple Window Forms from one program.
- Window Form with a background image.
- All Window programs are controlled using MENU buttons - learn to create and use MENU's
- Learn how to control and manipulate the entire screen, not just your Window Form.
MODULE 4: INFORMATION OBJECTS
- Information Objects are those elements that make the Window Form work - to interact between the computer and the user. The following will be taught to you:
- Hint Boxes.
- Message Boxes.
- Labels (text on screen).
- Flash Labels (flashing text on screen).
- QEdit boxes (single line edit field).
- QListBox (multi line edit field).
- QComboBox (multi line edit field with single line text edit box).
- RichEdit (Word Edit pages - multi line with image capabilities).
- Manipulation functions will be introduced such as altering the fonts, etc.
MODULE 7: VARIABLES & STRINGS
- You will be taught how to use strings (text), numbers (maths) and variables (value holders) and how to manipulate them so to process the data.
MODULE 9: FLOW OF THE PROGRAM
- These commands are used to, according to the condition, direct the program to other sub-programs.
- Timers are also taught here to teach you how the program will evaluate information according to set timers (milliseconds).
MODULE 10: PROGRESS MONITOR
- You will be taught how to create, edit and use gauges that will display progress, etc.
- These gauges may also be used to control a certain area/field on the screen.
MODULE 12: TIME, DATE AND CONSOLE COMMANDS
- During this modules you will be taught how to use date and time within your program with advance maths to caculate any possible requirement for date and time used in any given program.
- You will be able to create and add a calendar for your program.
MODULE 15: PRINTING AND PRINTERS
- You will be taught on how to print documents, alter printers (default) and configuring a printer.
MODULE 17: SPLASH & ABOUT SCREENS
- You will be taught on to create and control the "welcoming" screen and about screen that will be linked to your WebSite, EMail, etc.
MODULE 18: DRIVES & FOLDERS
- I will focus a lot on Window directory systems.
- I will teach you how to use your internal/external CD/DVD drive (evening opening and closing it automatically).
- I will teach you the entire Windows Directory and Folder system and how to control it using your program - including system directories where all the work is done by Windows.
- Create a DRAG & DROP program where you simply drop the files from any Explorer program or even from the desktop into your program.
- How to run any program or document using smart association to open the file with the correct program.
- How to create ZIP and UNZIP files using GZIP (zipping program used within and by FREEQ).
- How to create short-cuts for your desktop, Window's Bar and Tray Fields.
MODULE 19: LOADING AND SAVING
- You will be taught how to store and retrieve your data/information used and processed by your programs.
MODULE 22: EXTERNAL TRANSFERS
- Not everybody will have your program to read and store data to your database.
- This module will teach you how to read and write from/to MS Excel and MS Word so that it might be compatable to all users.
MODULE 25: INTERNET, EMAIL AND NETWORKING
- This is the essential module. This is where most programs lack as they are not able to work via a network. Data MUST be able to be recorded online.
- During this chapter I will teach you how to:
- Download resources from Internet (images).
- Upload data to a WebSite (so you don't have to update the WebSite, the program will update the WebSite for you).
- How to read data send via a WebSite (the program will auto import the data send).
- How to create an E-MAIL program build within your program to auto send emails on demand.
- How to create a network (physical setup and coding).
- How to create a CHAT program.
- How to create and upload XML internet WebSite database.
MODULE 27: DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR SOFTWARE
- During this module I will teach you how to best prepare your final product (software with all resources) and how to distribute it safely.
- You will be taught to create your own installation program and if you have a WEBSITE, create an auto update program via your WEBSITE.
- I will also teach you how to compile and use a tutorial with your program.
During the course you will receive a disk (DVD) package that contains all the software and resources to program absolutely any program.
Cost of Course: R800 (R400 monthly)
Duration: 2 Months (every Saturday)